Job Interview And Other Stories

Yesterday at lunchtime I was lying on a bench outside the common room in the sun talking to Eva, and suddenly my phone started to vibrate, and so I looked at it and didn't recognise the number, and just tried to think for a minute. Eva said "Answer it!" which is exactly what she wouldn't do, as she'd be too scared. So I did, thank goodness. It was a woman calling from New World offering me a job interview, yay! I know it's just a supermarket, but this is the first opportunity that has come my way in a long time. And it will definitely mean better treatment than I received at a well-known butcher's earlier this year...

Anyway! It's a new supermarket, too, so that speaks to me of cleanliness and fresh-polished floors and such. I'm probably going to pick a full day in the weekend. So my interview is at 4:45pm today after the media scholarship meeting.

I was going to talk about "Other Stories" but I don't actually have any. Tricked ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's dual. Winner takes this blog (which is quite impressive, I should add).

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh, Tricky!

I see what you did there!

Frederic Coia said...

Being called for an interview sure is cool. It really makes you totally giddy knowing that you are given a sliver of a chance to move on to a new phase of life. Though, I have to ask, what happened afterwards?

Post a Comment