Three Weeks

...until the end of term, and the ball, and holidays. We have to finish our documentary before that, though. So I'm not wishing the time away, exactly... I'd also love to get my art internals all finished and resubmitted so they don't carry over into term three, when we'll be starting 3.3 -- can't believe I'll be making my last NCEA art submission ever in a matter of months.

Today I went to DressSmart and had a very successful shopping trip with Roz & Helen. I bought gold, not-too-high heels from Wild Pair for $30, and a little gold sequined purse to match for $11. I also found this gorgeous long wool coat in Creem (the shop where I bought my ball dress last year, it has some lovely stuff) and I called Dad and said "I know this isn't what I came here for, but, I do need a winter coat..." and because he is so kind he let me use his money and buy it. I know. I've been spoilt.

A friend of the family, Marcelle, (whose husband was the one who played matchmaker between my parents!) has very very kindly offered to make my ball dress. So yesterday we went to Centrepoint Fabrics in Newmarket and bought a pattern and material. I ended up buying something totally different to what I initially thought I wanted -- but I am super pleased with my choices and can't wait to see the dress start to take shape. Tickets for the ball go on sale this week on Monday and Tuesday -- year thirteens (rightly) take priority and so that's another expensive day, but of course, well worth it.

I've been watching a lot of the series Dollhouse on the recommendation of a friend, and while I'm enjoying it, I can see why it was rated so badly and was eventually cancelled. I mean, let's be honest, Eliza Dushku cannot act. The role really requires extreme versatility, after all, she has to take on different personalities sometimes multiple times in a single episode. But as an actress, Dushku doesn't seem to be able to dig any deeper, and often doesn't convincingly "transform". A few of the other performances are pretty flimsy, too. However it's forgivable, because the idea is pretty fascinating. And I'm enjoying having a series to follow. I suppose I could always go back and watch season one of House. Aww! So much has changed...

My to-do list is so massive. Thankfully I've checked off some of the ball-related things this weekend, and yesterday in town we had a really good filming session, but there's still heaps to do. I'm praying for a burst of energy and motivation this week.

All right well I have to go and clean the bathroom now. Then I'll have dinner (I'm sure it will be delicious -- Nana is chopping up vegetables to be roasted) and attempt to do something productive, and I suppose after that I'll go to bed. And another week will come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment