Day Seventeen (I think?)

It hasn't been a good week.

My phone broke on Tuesday night. It has been an old faithful - I think I've had this one longer than any of my others. It was a trusty cheap Nokia, and it withstood a lot of stress in its lifetime. I hadn't had a normal day until I'd dropped it at LEAST once, usually as I got out of the car forgetting it had been in my lap.

Alas, on Tuesday night it threw up an error message saying "TEST MODE" and refused to turn on or off. I removed the battery and the simcard, (after tearing through the layers of sellotape holding the simcard in place and the back cover on), put them both back in, and it seemed to work again. Once before I had had an emergency moment when I dropped it in the shower (don't ask)... while the water was running... and it did a bit of a flip-out. But with my super-skills I convinced it to work again, much in the same way that you talk a small child out of crying when they hurt themselves, saying "There now, don't be silly, you're not bleeding." *dab dab*

So we had been through a lot together, my phone and I. And I was not willing to give up on her now. But then the dreaded "Charger not accepted" (or something similar) message came up, and when I googled this one, it appeared that it was fatal.

So I then proceeded to use the family hand-me-down "homeless phone" (to quote Alex) which turns off literally every five minutes. And nowwww I'm using a phone that Karina found at Splore. Dad kindly said he will buy me a new cheap Nokia, and that is very nice of him, as the last time they bought me a phone they said it would be the last they'd pay for. But since this isn't really my fault and phones don't have that long a shelf life anyway, clearly they feel it's okay. Oh, God, where would I be without my parents. =/

There is something else I ought to post here about the Mad Butcher job, but I will wait until after a key event has occurred... It's not great news, guys. A clue: it's my response to being paid $32.50 for six hours' work. Do that mathematical equation, baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll still always be "The Mad Butcher" to meeeee

Katie said...

haha THANX BABEZ

Post a Comment