Day Eight

I had a good weekend, albeit filled with lots of tangly complicated feelings. It's so freakin' humid all the time, as well, yet kind of cloudy and that's really not nice.

Today we kept watching Nanook of the North, this film made in 1922 which sort of resembles a documentary, except we're slowly learning that it's largely staged... ("Hopefully this year, you guys will become much more cynical," said Mr. Rewiti. It's happening.) But honestly, Nanook is still the man. Alex and I have decided that we need men who can build us igloos. That has officially become a prerequisite. It is an epic skill to have. Keep that in mind, men of the world.

Everything is just plain overwhelming. The great thing about taking two practical art subjects means I get to do an hour or so of art therapy every day, lol.

Nandita reminded me today that I'm going to be away at Year 13 camp for the first week of university, which means I'll miss two tuitions. My face right now is thoroughly crestfallen. What shall I doooo? I will send an email now, to the lady in charge.

Anyway, I thought there would be more to say, but oddly, there isn't. Maybe I'm forgetting some momentous occasions of the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Momentous is one of my favourite words.

I just realised I’d made a horrible mistake, with the piece on your tumblr. Julie and Suzie were two completely different people, and I’d confused them. Haha you must have thought I was a complete idiot. It was nice of you not to call me out on that. Ah, sorry I’ll try to be less absent-minded in future.

Katie said...

I didn't even realise you'd confused them. You didn't make it entirely clear what you were talking about anyway. Lol.

Post a Comment