It's About Time, Maybe

One of the most nerve-wracking things one can do is bid on an online auction for something they really want when the auction has about twenty minutes to go. And someone is bound to be waiting, ready to pounce at the very last second. How cruel. The refresh button keeps calling.


So in... seventeen minutes, I may or may not have a new black blazer for $15. The same kind of black blazer that is currently going for around $70-80 in the clothing chain stores. I think my frugality is to be admired.

However, cool thing, we sold our couch and DVD player today, and because I arranged the deal I got 25% - this is partly because my parents pity me and my poorness.

ARGH TWELVE MINUTES.

Anyway, the actual reason I decided to write this blog was to go "omg" because this is the second to last week of term one, and after all the point of this blog is to document where school is at, not my wardrobe or my funds. Sooo, yeah it's okay. I have a French internal next week, on Wednesday and Thursday (evil, I know, in the last week, but it's better than the first week back). And also four art assignments on the go, as I'm taking painting AND design, so I get a double dose of research/drawing assignments. But those are actually really interesting, I love love love contemporary urban art. Believe it or not, there's so much more to it than graffiti. Let me point you to the wonderful Dan Baldwin, whose work I have (attempted) to emulate as part of the process of "breaking down and understanding the works of an artist model" - I'll post my experiment paintings on my art Tumblr later.

SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN MINUTES.
NOW FIVE.

Okay, I'm going to keep this blog post open until I know whether I've won or not.

*goes off and does other things*


*i.e. clicking refresh fanatically*

Oh my gosh. Two minutes. C'est insupportable.

SOME TOSSER JUST PLACED A BID. NOW THE AUCTION EXTENDS.

48 seconds can't beear itttttt

I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON.

Thank you for living through this with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

about time you caught up with fashion trends!

Katie said...

who would dare say such a thing to me? I'll rat you out, anonymous! i resent the idea that I am following any such trends.

Anonymous said...

me thinks she protesteth too much!

Unknown said...

Sneaky of you to leave us guessing right until the end like that.

Post a Comment